As of January 5th we are homestudy ready! I wrote about that on my last post and mentioned how EXCITED we were! And the excitement is still running through my veins. It is really encouraging to know that when a situation that matches our family comes along, then we can go for it!! I have felt so many emotions throughout the past 2 weeks that I feel like I am kind of settling down now. There is the initial excitement of having that next step complete, and then the anxiety of waiting for the next step to be revealed. BUT one HUGE thing I have learned this week is to just fully trust in God. He works in ways that we usually can't wrap our minds around. He often only sheds light on the next step in front of us, when we are wishing we could see the end of the road. But God knows best, and knows that seeing the full road ahead would not benefit us. He wants us to trust Him fully every day, and every step of the way. I think it's His way of training us to be good children. Plus most of the time if He showed us the full road ahead... we wouldn't beleive Him. Because He ordains everything in His time and for His purpose. And this is the truth for this adoption as well. This scripture has been in my heart the past couple of days, because if I think about the adoption too much I start feeling the grippling effects of anxiety. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:6-7
I am learning to just be thankful that we are able to adopt at all, and that we have been called to do something special! If I do not remember to do this, than I do not have peace. I start to worry and wonder and daydream about every single scenerio that could happen, when that is NOT my job. God has already worked out the circumstances, He knows who our child is, and when he will join our family! All I have to do is trust HIM, and wait while basking in the glory of my Lord, who wants to teach me along the way!
Thats all for now! I hope this encourages you as it did for me!
Love yall!
No comments:
Post a Comment