Hey everyone,
We attended a orientation meeting today about fostering to adopt. I must say that we knew how much of a need there is, but it was a real eye opener! There are over 400 children in foster care just in our area of north LA. We now realize what God was trying to tell us... which is "there is a great need, and He needs people to be the hands and feet". Many people, including ourselves, talk about how good it is to help those in need, but never really get the chance to step out and do it! We are going to be willing to open our hearts and our home to children in need, with the hopes of eventually adopting one of those children. In April we will begin taking classes to be certified to foster/adopt. With that said, this is going to be a tough thing to do as well. Both Michael and I know how difficult it will be to love a child and have to let it go. But we know that God is telling us that this is going to be a ministry for us, and He will give us strength. Please be in prayer for our family as we start this process. We pray that the right child will be placed in our home for our family. We want to have the strength and knowledge to be able to minister to this child however he needs. We hope in this process that God will allow us to be a voice for the Orphan. Like I said, many people we have talked to have once entertained the thought of adopting or fostering. But may not think it is right for their family. I pray that our family could encourage other families to open their hearts and their homes. I am not claiming that it will be easy, but I know it will be rewarding. We are so excited to see what God has in store, and can't wait to pour our lives into a child in need!! Thank you for your prayers, and your encouraging words! We love you all !
No comments:
Post a Comment