Monday, March 21, 2011

Hope in times of Trouble

Hey Everyone,

I titled this blog "Hope in times of trouble"  because it seems that anytime Michael and I make a decision for Christ, that trouble comes along.  Of course it always happens all at once! Although most of these things are of little importance, it's quite obvious how the enemy tries to knock us down.  First of all our computer crashed, and our satellite went out for the 3rd time. , while our cat has been throwing up for almost 2 days.  So a trip to the vet with the cat revealed something blocked in her intestine.  Those of you who know what happened to our other cat can imagine where this is going.  So we thought NOOOOO this cat can't have cancer too!!  Luckily, I guess, it was not cancer, but the cat swallowed 2 baby bottle nipples that she chewed from Addy's bottles.  I know that she like to chew them off, because I had NO more bottles for Addy at one point.  Little did I know that she actually swallowed them!!  With that issue taken care of, it was nice to know that she did not have cancer like our other cat.  She just has an uncontrollable need to swallow plastic items.  haha! 
     That was Thursday and Friday's events. And as I am writing this , Michael is in bed with strep throat, and Landons been running fever today.   Like I said, it comes all at once!
 On Saturday we had a much needed break.  We went to Kiroli park to visit with a few other families in the Monroe area who are considering adoption, in the process, or have already adopted.  A friend from my MOPS group organized a family adoption fellowship in the area and it was great!  We were able to meet other families who have a heart for adoption.  It was nice to fellowship with families that are going through the same process, and have the same thoughts and concerns.  Two of the couples are adopting children from Ethiopia and are on the waiting list for a child.  If you  know about what is going on with the Ethiopian adoption process right now, please remember these families.  There is  a stand-still in the process right now, and they are not sure when things will start rolling smoothly again.  As I was reading in Philippians the other day, this scripture stood out to me.  "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."Phil. 1:6.    For those families I pray that God will reveal to you what is best for your family, and stand firm and confident on His word!  He began a work in you and put a calling and burden on your heart!  " And this is my prayer; that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ" Phil 1:9-10. 
   On another note, it was nice to talk to those families about how other people react towards adoption.  There are alot of supporters on our side, and for that we are completely thankful!!  Also, there are many people who have a cautious approach and opinion about it.  That is something we didn't know that other families were facing.  As adoptive families we all have a burden to adopt a child into our family.  When we mention that to people, the response is not always a joyous occasion.  Honestly, I'm not complaining, I respect those with that cautious reaction.  Some people look at things differently and that is okay.  Whether you are for or against our family fostering or adopting, all we ask is for you to be supportive.   Even if someone doesn't agree with our decision, it's not okay for them to be discouraging.  We completely expected this because anytime we have ever made a decision to step out on faith, we face some trials.  We understand that it's not going to be easy, or fun at times.  But if God says do it, then we know we will be blessed through it ! We stand firm on knowing that "God's wisdom , is not man's wisdom"  We know that God's will doesn't always make sense.  But it always works out for the good.  My theme verse for this fostering-adoption process is Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."  So, no matter what trials we may go through during fostering, I know that This is all God's plan for me.  I know that His plans will not harm me, and they will always give me hope and a future.  I also like to flip that around to look at it from the child's side.  God has a plan for that child who will come to our home.  He will probably be coming from a difficult situation, and if we can show him that he is loved, and that God has plans for him, plans to give him a hope and a future.... THAT is our ministry right there!  It's really not about us. It never was.  It's all about God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment