Monday, February 1, 2016

Elijah my Love

 A year ago at this time, we were in China.  We just met our little Eli and we were sitting the in hotel room getting to know our little love.  So many memories are flooding back to me this evening- no wonder I'm having a hard time sleeping.  So here are my thoughts from this past year- from a Mom's heart.  


~To Elijah my Love

A year ago, I held you so, under my falling tears

I felt your sweat, I felt your weight, I felt all of your doubts and fears

A year ago, I held you so, so timid and afraid

You wouldn't move, or let me move, but my dear you have become so brave

So here we are a year ahead, so much time has passed

My little love, so brave and strong, so many milestones you have surpassed


You've learned to walk, you've learned to talk, you love to say bye-bye

You've learned to grieve, you've learned to lean, you've learned that you can cry

You've learned to eat, you've learned to drink, you've learned that you love this So

You've learned to run, you've learned to play, you've learned to come and go

You've learned to share, you've learned to care, we've ALL learned that this takes time

You've learned to sing, you've learned to clean, you've even learned a little rhyme



My little love, so brave and strong, so many things we've watched you do 

We've come so far from where we were, but we know our work is not through

So here we are, a year ahead, so many more things we can learn together

With Mom and Dad and Family, our Hearts forever tethered~

~ From your Momma

Happy 1 year home Eli !  We love you buddy!





























Can I help answer your questions about adoption? OF COURSE! I would be honored.  Please email me katiem@christianadoptionconsultants.com

No comments:

Post a Comment